|As a member of the NATIONAL ASSOCIATION OF REALTORS?, a REALTOR? subscribes to a strict Code of Ethics. So, whether representing you or the seller, REALTORS? pledge to provide honest and ethical treatment for all parties involved in the transaction. Here are ways working with a REALTOR? works for you in terms of your convenience, your budget, and your overall satisfaction.
- A REALTOR? has extensive information all in one place about what is "on the market," including homes listed by other REALTORS?. You won't waste time looking at unsuitable homes.
- A REALTOR? helps you determine how much home you can afford, how you can acquire the down payment, and what financing options may be open to you.
- A REALTOR? can help you find the home best suited to your needs - size, style, features, location, accessibility to schools, transportation, shopping, etc.
- A REALTOR? can suggest simple changes that could make a prospective home more suitable for you and improve its utility and value.
- A REALTOR? can supply information on real estate values, taxes, utility costs, municipal services and facilities, and may be aware of proposed zoning changes that could affect your decision to buy.
- A REALTOR? has no emotional ties to a home, can be objective about it, and can point out its advantages and disadvantages.
- A REALTOR? can act as a conduit through which you and the seller present offers and counter-offers until an agreement is reached.
- A REALTOR? can familiarize you with the closing procedures by explaining them all to you in advance.